Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Let's get it going

Well this past weekend was the Home sweet home weekend in Kernersville.  It is an open house event which is put on by the Chamber of Commerce in Kernersville.  We had over 100 homes open for viewing from 2-5 pm on Sunday.  Not sure of the count yet but in past years we have had over 1500 people come through.  I had 3 very interested buyers come into the home I was in and have heard reports of homes which had up to 70 visitors.  I wish I was in the house with 70!  Either way I think realtor participation was high as was the participation from the buyers.

These are all a good signs to me that the market is getting a bit stronger. Over the past few years we have seen a decrease of over 30% in home values, and have had a huge inventory of homes on the market with days on the market averages between 13 and 36 months depending on the price category. From what I am seeing in the local market over the past month or so is that things may just be turning a bit as buyers are back on the street.

The Triad is still struggling with unemployment over 10% so as the market does strengthen it will be a gradual improvement.  That being said, I will take it. Any push in a positive direction is a good push for me. A large part of any improvement in the market will be based on peoples perception of the market so on a daily basis I try to find the good things to focus on rather than the doom and gloom.  I am sure we are about to turn things around.

Over the past 3 months I have visited many properties which are for sale, I can tell you that there are plenty of homes out there which are priced right and in really really good condition.  As I have said before in prior post, NOW IS THE TIME TO BUY!  Low interest rates, lots of inventory to select from, prices as good as they can get.  Buyers need to know all about it and it is our job to let them know.

Spend some time connecting with your sphere of influence.  Call that client who bought a home 5 to 10 years ago. Who knows, tell them it's time to buy, drum up some business. It will have a ripple effect on everything.  If you get a new client to buy a home and maybe sell one as well, you have helped the market improve.  Maybe they have a friend to refer to you as well.  Every little bit counts, let's all get out there and make the connections today and get this thing back on track. We are almost there I will try to do my part in kick starting it again, will you do the same?

No comments:

Post a Comment